After the red card he received against Samoa in the pool stage has been upheld ireland centre Bundee Aki was banned by the rest of the Rugby World Cup.
Also the ban means he would also miss out on any additional matches, and aki will miss Irelands quarter-final against tournament favourites New Zealand on Saturday needs to Joe Schmidts side progress.
The Samoan-born back was sent off for a dangerous tackle on UJ Seuteni on Saturday through the 47-5 triumph over the Pacific Islanders of Ireland.
A statement from tournament organisers explained that a separate judicial committeedid not find the referees conclusion was wrong and the red card was faked.
Although the attack happened immediately, the participants tackle height was high and it had been accepted he did not create a definite effort to change his height in order to prevent the ball carriers mind, the announcement said.
The committee didnt accept that there was sufficient proof of a surprising fall in the ball carriers elevation.
Samoa head trainer Steve Jackson made an impassioned defence of Akis prospective involvement in the tournament following the game, and said his staff woulddo everything we can to ensure he gets on the field next week
His absence could pave the way for Robbie Henshaw to partner Garry Ringrose in midfield, although aki would have been pushing to get a starting role against the All Blacks.
So gets the right to launch a challenge, Even the 29-year-old has 48 hours to appeal the decision. But few attempts yield a change of the ruling.
The William Fry spouse was not able to convince the panel, although specialist lawyer Derek Hegarty to Japan flew outside for Aki hearing.
Read more: footballleagueworld.com